My Service Dog, Jade

Saturday, June 16, 2012

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pitbulldangers/2012/06/16/tucson-pit-bull-dangerous-dog-victims-walk

http://www.wypr.org/podcast/pitbulls-and-maryland-court-appeals-decision-part-1-friday-june-15-12-1-pm

I've received some comments on this blog about the fact that I discuss pit bulls and pit bull behavior too much rather than discussing more issues regarding Service and Guide dogs.  Well, there have been several posts on this blog about Service dogs and Guide dogs getting mauled and killed by pit bulls, and this is a HUGE issue related to service dogs.  It's a MAJOR problem, and NEEDS to be addressed!

Quincy-Guide Dog killed by pit bulls



Anyone with a Service or Guide Dog NEEDS to be aware of this problem! I will continue to post about it, because people NEED to be educated about this issue and need to be aware of what's going on out there! Service dog trainers and handlers, and Guide dog trainers and handlers are getting sick and tired of these vicious attacks! The handlers are walking around out there in the streets in fear, and I don't blame them! In fact, I'm one of them.

Neela-Guide Dog viciously mauled by a pit bull


Many Service dog and Guide dog teams have already been viciously attacked by pit bulls running loose, or breaking their leashes, etc, and people need to understand that Service and Guide dogs are not pets. (You can read through my blog to see some of the various Service/Guide dog attacks by pit bulls, or go to the Service Dog Dangers page on my blog)  Not that anyone wants their pet viciously mauled by a pit bull either! When a Service dog/Guide dog is attacked, even if the working dog is lucky enough to survive, it most likely won't be able to continue working out of fear, defensiveness, anxiety and other psychological/physiological problems from the attack. Thus the handler then loses their independence and freedom because they have lost their working dog. I've been over this in my blog before.....but it appears that some people don't understand why I continue to discuss why pit bulls are a problem for Service and Guide dogs.

Also, for all you people who are sending me comments for the blog that are vile, rude, crude, and just downright nasty, just know that your comments are NOT going to be posted.  You can say what you want, I don't care, but I will post what I want here. This is MY blog and I'll do it MY way!  So get over it.

People are sick and tired of pit bulls mauling and killing, and it's time something is done about it.


Go Maryland!!!!




7 comments:

  1. Exactly, it's your blog and you can write about whatever you want on it, and if people don't like what you write (or what you write about) they can always just skip visiting your blog.

    I find it to be typical pit-bull person that they would try to tell you what you can and can't write. They do that to everyone. If they could, they'd censor newspapers, television, radio, and even peer-reviewed medical journals, forbidding any reports of pit bulls mauling and killing other living creatures (from adults and children to normal dogs, horses, goats, sheep, alpacas, and cows).

    Maybe not all of them are like that, but it seems like most are. Overly entitled, thinking only they have rights. Luckily, we live in a country where freedom of speech exists...and (hate to tell them) not only for the pit nutters.

    We are free to talk about what their pit bulls are doing to others, whether they like it or not. If they'd do something about it, we wouldn't have to talk about it anymore. So if they want us to stop talking about it, they shouldn't turn to us, they should change their own behavior. Attacking you or anyone who simply tells the facts isn't rational.

    And if they want their rude and crude comments published, let them start their own blogs, not try to use yours for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support, Sweetie Pie. I whole-heartedly agree with everything you've said here!

      Delete
  2. It seems that service and guide dogs are trained to be so biddable and placid that they would be particularly susceptible to a pit bull attack. I can imagine a poor golden retriever taking a mauling instead of possibly pulling his handled into danger. These animals that help people so much are so noble in their duties, which makes it so disgusting when they are injured for no reason other than someone is naive or callous enough to have a dangerous dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're absolutely right, DubV and these despicable attacks NEED TO STOP! This city is not protecting the rights of the disabled, as most cities are not. They are too worried, and scared of the pit bull apologists (and that's being nice) who continue to threaten, and attack anyone who tries to speak out, or speak the truth about the attacks that continue to happen. It's really disgusting that they continue to bow down to these people, who refuse to see the truth about these dogs. The fact is that pit bulls were bred to fight and to kill, and that's what they do best! It's time the truth is spoken, and it's time for City Councils everywhere to start protecting the good citizens of their cities, instead of bowing down to pit bull lovers. THINGS NEED TO CHANGE!!!!

      We are trying to change the status quo by doing this walk, and bring some public awareness about.....walkforvictimsofpitbulls.blogspot.com.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I've dealt with the same commentariat on my blog, Jewel Jade. Last nutter comment was so lacking in proper grammar, spelling, and logic that I was tempted to post it just so other people could laugh as much as I did.

    And then I thought, why give these idiots a space on my soapbox? Let them go to the trouble of setting up their own blogs, and then posting to them on a regular basis. I doubt that they'd do that.

    Keep on keepin' on. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I could have sworn I've visited this blog before but after going through some of the posts I realized it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I stumbled upon it and I'll be bookmarking it and checking back frequently!
    Here is my homepage : stories about animal abuse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always emailed this weblog post page to all my friends,
    since if like to read it next my friends will too.
    Here is my blog post ; stories of animal abuse

    ReplyDelete